We are excited to be able to host this year’s Night to Shine event. Night to Shine is a prom for those with special needs ages 14 and up. We are looking forward to a great evening with our participants and their caregivers to be able to shine and reflect the love of God. This night is not only for those with special needs, but also to those who provide care for them. There will be a catered meal at our main building for all caregivers along with a live video feed of the Night to Shine Event that will be taking place across the street of our main building at our Event Center. The following steps will help guide you in preparing for the Night to Shine event.
Step 1: Register participants online or you can print off a form and mail it in. If you are a caregiver please indicate on the registration form if you and a guess will be attending dinner for the evening.
Step 2: Every participant and caregiver that will be attending need to fill out a Media & Liability Rights Release form. This form can be mailed in to our office or given to us at check-in on the night of the event. Click the following link to download and print forms: Parent/Care Taker Media & Liability Rights Release Participant Media & Liability Rights Release
Step 3: This year, the Capital West Christian Church office (573-634-8335) will schedule arrival time for guests so no need to call to schedule. Your arrival times will be on your prom invitations you receive two weeks prior to the event. Arrival times will be from 4:30-6:00. We will try to ensure groups arrive at the same time. Each guest wi some special attention before the event, this includes Pre-Party-Pampering.
What to expect the night of the event:
- Arrive at the Event Center building (1315 Fairgrounds Road) at scheduled time
- You will be greeted at our tent. PLEASE remember to bring your prom invitation! Your name will be announced and you will be escorted, by your buddy for the evening, down the red carpet to our Welcome Center for check-in
- Each participant will have a buddy that will accompany them for the entire evening and participate alongside them.
- Participants will be pampered at our Pre-Party-Pampering Stations. Pre-Party-Pampering includes: For male participants: Shoe Shine & Hair Style (if they would like). Female Participants: Hair Styling, Make-up. Pre-Party-Pampering is for participants only.
- Caregivers will be escorted to our main auditorium to relax, enjoy dinner and watch the live-feed of the Night to Shine Event.
- Each participant will be crowned Queen or King for the event as we believe each person is a special creation and treasure of our Heavenly Father. They will receive a crown or tiara for the evening.
- Each participant will receive a boutonniere or corsage
- Caregivers will go to the main building for a catered meal and a live feed of the Night to Shine Event.
- 9:00pm – Caregivers can pick up participants at the Event Center. Each participant will receive a ticket to pick up their photo/takeaway gifts at the end of the night. You must have the photo ticket to receive your take away gifts.